Patient Participation Group
Avenue Surgery Patient Group (ASPG)
The Avenue Surgery would like as many of our registered patients to join our Patient Participation Group as possible, to act as a “voice for patients”.
What do PPGs do?
▪ Review patients’ surveys such as the Family and Friends Test.
▪ Listen to patients’ stories and views.
▪ Explore ideas and suggestions on how to improve patients’ experiences in the GP Practice.
▪ Discuss an action plan with GP Practice staff and support them in implementation of service improvement.
▪ Monitor the implementation of the service improvement action plan.
▪ Volunteer at Practice events such as flu clinics and health promotion days.
▪ Run small projects around patients’ education, health promotion, and improvements to GP Practice environment.
What PPGs do not do?
A PPG meeting is not a forum to raise individual complaints.
A PPG meeting is not a forum to seek medical advice.
Avenue Surgery Patient Group (ASPG) is a group made up of GP Practice patients aged 16 years and over, carers of registered patients and members of the GP Practice staff.
ASPG members meet 4 times a year.
We would love to hear from you and if you are:
- Interested in healthcare.
- Interested in meeting new people.
- Share our aims.
Email us at email@example.com for more information.
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.
We are now hoping to return to face-to-face gatherings for our Avenue Surgery Patient Group meetings. However, if you think you might find this difficult we will endeavour to conduct a hybrid meeting so that you can also participate online.